Lollipop danish dragée tootsie roll croissant. Halvah ice cream gummi bears caramels apple pie jujubes. Chocolate cake cotton candy applicake. Biscuit fruitcake caramels macaroon chocolate. Halvah lemon drops caramels. Danish cotton candy bonbon topping donut toffee cookie icing. Liquorice chocolate cake chocolate bar biscuit lemon drops jelly beans. Tootsie roll sesame snaps pastry.
Fragrant Chinese Beef Stew
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3 Plate
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.9 /5)
- 12 ratings
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried black mushrooms
- 500 grams of beef brisket, trimmed and cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1,5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan pepper
- 2 star anise
- 1 whole clove
- 3 dried red chilies
- 1 cinnamon stick (5cm long)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms, chop and set aside.
- Strain soaking liquid. Discard solids and reserve 1 cup soaking liquid.
- Sauté beef on all sides or until browned. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Fry couple of minutes. Stir in reserved soaking liquid, 2 cups broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, sake, Sichuan pepper, star anise, clove, dried chilies and cinnamon stick.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Stir in mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer 40 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef mixture with a slotted spoon. Discard star anise, cloves, dried chilies, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring remaining liquid to a boil, cook until reduced to 1 cup.
- Serve sprinkled with green onions and sesame oil over rice with sauce.